What is Reverse Osmosis Water Filter?
Reverse osmosis is a particular process in which water is treated to remove salt or contaminants. This system is extensively used by a lot of people to purify drinking water. When the system treats water, it forces the untreated water molecules to a semi-permeable membrane that blocks the water contaminants or impurities. In that way, these harmful elements are removed from water to make pure drinking water.
Furthermore, a reverse osmosis system is capable of removing different kinds of ions or molecules from water solutions. The reverse osmosis filters are utilized comprehensively to produce pure drinking water as well as industrial water. When you are choosing a reverse osmosis system, keep in mind that almost all the units are similar and work on the basis of same technology. The discerning points among these filters are the quality of membranes, number of filtration stages, and quality of filters.
Types of Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
Usually, there are two types of reverse osmosis system and they are –
- Conventional Tank System: This system will be installed under the sink and it employs a series of tap water. This tap water will be pushed to the cleaning section and then they will be stored in the tank. Also, they have an extra faucet, which is separated from the sink faucet for dispensing water.
- Tank-less System: The tank-less systems are the newly added units in the reverse osmosis system. You can connect them to the tap water faucet easily and it will dispense water on demand. Additionally, they will consume less space since there is no storage tank. Finally, these units are able to produce a big amount of purified water to meet big family demand.
Comparison of the best reverse osmosis system in 2015
Here are the best reverse osmosis system in 2015. The below table will show you the basic difference among them and thus, you can easily understand, which model is the best choice for you.
|Criteria||Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact System||ISpring 75 GPD6-stage system||Apec Water Systems RO90 Premium 90-GPD||ISpring 75 GPD5-stage system|
|GPD (Gallon Per Gallon)||50-GPD||75-GPD||90-GPD||75-GPD|
|Weight||14. pounds||32 pounds||25 pounds||25 pounds|
|Other Features||Includes fast flow RO kit and will provide double water flow compared to the standard||Booster pump for low-pressure and compatible to 110 V as well as 220 V||Technical support for free of cost by WQACertified analysts||Include automatic shut off valve|
|Warranty/ Guarantee||30-day money back policy and 5-year limited warranty||One-year manufacturer warranty||30-day money back policy and 1-year limited warranty||30-day money back policy and 1-year limited warranty|
|Certification||NSF certified||NSF certified||WQA certified||NSF certified|
- It will provide you pure water by remove water contaminants.
- It can remove bad odors from the water and improves the overall taste.
- You don’t need to maintain the system strictly.
- It is easy-to-use and economical.
- Keep in mind that reverse osmosis system can’t block all the unsafe contaminants such as – pesticides, chlorine, and herbicides.
- Reverse osmosis systems can waste a large amount of money. As a whole, they can waste up to three gallons of water while generating one pure gallon of water.
Despite the drawbacks, reverse osmosis systems are one of the best water systems on the market. They are equipped with advanced technology and filtration system. All in all, they can provide you with high-quality and pure water.